15 mar. 2010

Inside a Bible



Inscription found inside Billy Sunday's Bible:
" Twenty-nine years ago, with the Holy Spirit as  my Guide, I entered at the portico of Genesis, walked down the corridor of the Old Testament art galleries, where pictures of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joseph, Isaac, Jacob and Daniel hung on the wall. I passed into the music room of the Psalms where the Spirit sweeps the keyboard of nature until it seems that every reed and pipe in God's great organ responds to the harp of David, the sweet singer of Israel.
I entered the chambers of Ecclesiastes, where the voice of the preacher is heard, and into the conservatory of Sharon and the lilly of the valley where sweet spices filled and perfumed my life.
I entered into the business office of Proverbs and on into the observatory of the prophets, where I saw telescopes of various sizes pointing to far-off events, concentrating on the bright and morning Star, which was to rise above the moonlit hills of Judea for our salvation and redemption.
I entered the audience room of the King of kings, catching a vision written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Thence into the correspondence room with Paul, Peter and John writing their Epistles.
I stepped into the throne room of Revelation, where tower the glittering peaks, where sits the King of kings upon His throne of glory with the healing of nations in His hand, and I cried out:
All hail the power of Jesus' name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem
And crown Him Lord of all! "
(Bill Bright - Discover the Book God wrote - pag. 99-100)
* Billy Sunday - a major league baseball player who heard the call of Salvation, and after four more years of baseball became a preacher and evangelist.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu