13 mar. 2010

The Bible guides the growth of our faith. The great american evangelist Dwight L. Moody was instrumental in bringing thousands of people to Christ. He once wrote: ” I prayed for faith and thought that some day faith would come down and strike me like lightning. But faith did not seem to come. One day I read in the tenth chapter of Romans, ” Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.” I had up to this time closed my Bible and prayed for faith. I now opened my Bible and began to study, and faith has been growing ever since. ”
God's Word guides our faith. We can attempt great things for God when our faith is grounded on the truths in His Word. We need to study the Word carefully and interpret it correctly so that we not only possess its truth, but its truth possesses us.
(Bill Bright - Discover the Book God wrote - pag. 68)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu