15 nov. 2010

Why do we live?

All of us are called for a purpose. Some years ago when I was in North India, a little boy about eight years old watched me as I prepared for my morning meditations. I began to talk to him about Jesus and asked him several questions.
What are you doing? I asked the lad.
I go to school, was the reply.
Why do you go to school?
To study, he said.
Why do you study?
To get smart
Why do you want to get smart?
So I can get a good job.
Why do you want to get a good job?
So I can make lots of money.
Why do you want to make lots of money?
So I can buy food.
Why do you want to buy food?
So I can eat.
Why do you want to eat?
To live.
Why do you live?
At that point the little boy tought for a minute, scratched his head, looked me in the face and said, Sir, why do I live? He paused for a moment in mid-tought, than gave his own sad answer: To die!
The question is the same for all of us: Why do we live?
(K.P. Yohannan - Revolution in world missions - pag. 168-169)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu